Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Roughin' It!




























































































































We took the boys on their first camping trip with no electricity! We spent the night at Lake Powhatan. They thought it was fun to read, color, and bathe by lantern light. We weren't roughing it too much. We still had water and sewer. We enjoyed a hike, the lake, cooking supper over the fire and smores'! The highlight of the trip for me was that it was the first time in 5 1/2 years I have been able to pack our bags to go somewhere and I didn't have to pack diapers! Aiden did fabulously in his big boy undies! :)

2 comments:

ScrapsofMe said...

Amy! Think of all the $$$ you will be saving now! I want to go camping too! All my guys are grown and I haven't been camping...since Shelby was 12ish?
Well, the Mr. has been camping...any hotel without room service is camping to him!
Pamie

AmyB said...

Pamie...it is more scrapbook money for me! :)

This is as roughin' it as I will do these days. We love to camp though.