I cant believe it has been weeks since I have posted anything. Worse than that, I havent even taken any pictures of my boys! That has to be some sort of record. Anyway, we are all doing fine.
Aaron had his 5 year old well check this week and he is "well". He is no longer "fluffy" (the doctors' word, not mine) like he was at his 4 year old appt. He grew into his fluffiness, I suppose. He was not fond of having to undress for the doctor. That was worse than the shot that he received. He did take it like a trooper and we went to Chick Fil A afterwards per his request. If you have any suggestions for how we can get him to not come in our room in the middle of the night and wake us up, (short of duct taping him to his bed, please let me know. This seems to have become a habit of late and his Daddy and I are ready for it to stop. We have taken away lots of privileges (including computer use which is probably why I have been able to write this) and nothing is working. He says he does it to see Dada because Dada leaves in the morning before he gets up.
Aiden is just being Aiden! He is talking more and more every day. Last night, he looked at me and said, "I like your haircut, Mama." Okay, it has been weeks since I had it cut, so maybe it has taken him a little bit to get his sentence all planned out. At least he did notice I got it cut! He is doing so many new things and becoming so independent. The potty hasnt caught his attention yet. I tried to sit him on it a few days ago and he straightened his legs like a cat headed for a pool of water. He will get there...at least that is what I keep telling myself. He has a 3rd birthday right around the corner.
The two are so cute together. They are reaching a stage where they play more together and do things together. I was a little concerned this morning when I heard them come down the stairs but they didnt come into my bedroom. I waited a few minutes and then I walked out in the living room to find the two of them sitting in the recliner together sharing the Leapster. Such a sweet moment.
Spring Outing 2011
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment