at the Bennett house. We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family. Well, other than David being sick and Boppy suffering from a bad fall (both are fine now, Praise God!). We spent the rest of the weekend decking the halls and enjoying some family time! We watched lots of movies, played the Wii, ate lots of leftovers, and took an outing to the Grove Park Inn to see the annual Gingerbread houses there. We are looking forward to the Christmas season and much more time together with family and friends. The boys are anticipating the arrival of the man in red, of course, but we are spending lots of time talking about the most important Christmas gift ever given! It warms my heart to hear them "get it!" and I pray that in their hearts, Jesus will always be the reason for the Season!
We are also thinking about Christmases past and those no longer with us for the holidays. My sweet grandmother was sick this time last year and went to be with the Lord on the 18th of December. I am rejoicing that she is enjoying a heavenly body free of pain! My Papow went to be with the Lord Dec 16th of 1996. Mostly, I am thinking of my mom who spent her first Christmas with Christ himself after ending a very short battle with Cancer on Dec 13, 2001. I am looking forward to the day we are reunited for that first Christmas celebration in Heaven. But, for now I am praising God for the blessing of each Christmas I spend with my family here on Earth. Cherish each moment with those you love! And, have yourself a Merry Little Christmas!
1 comment:
Ah....aren't they cute! How many pictures did you have to take before you got them to look so cute? I gave up on our guys when they were small, I'd get one looking at the camera and the other rolling his eyes or bopping his brother or something. And that was in the days of FILM, so you couldn't fool around much. I love digital cameras. delete delete delete keep delete...teehee.
Huggies....Pamie
Post a Comment